martedì 8 novembre 2016


A man who raped a woman and sexually assaulted two children has been jailed for 15 years.
Tony Newlands, 31, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty at Carlisle Crown Court to a total of 15 offences.
The court was told he raped and sexually assaulted the woman twice, which had had a "devastating impact" on her.
Judge Peter Davies said Newlands was a "significant risk" and his crimes had "many aggravating features".

'Exploited victims'

He told him: "You have committed a series of serious and insidious offences."
Newlands admitted sexually assaulting a child, taking indecent photographs of a child and engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child.
He committed the crimes in North Cumbria between June 2014 and October 2015.
Det Con David Hetherington, of Cumbria Police, said Newlands "exploited his victims and did not care for the consequences of his actions".
He was made subject to sex offender notification requirements and a sexual harm prevention order, both for an indefinite period.
He will also be barred from working with children and vulnerable adults.

Cumbria rapist and child sex offender jailed 4 November 2016

Child rape in Cumbria 16 ottobre 2016

TULSA, Oklahoma - A jury convicted a Tulsa doctor Friday of raping a girl in 2014.
Police arrested Dr. Gerald Snider in August of 2014, who was 70 years old at the time. They said he was babysitting the 12-year-old girl and her brother in his home in the 1500 block of North Joplin when the crime took place.
On Friday, November 4, 2016, a jury convicted him of one count of first-degree rape.
Snider still faces a separate count of aggravated possession of child pornography in the case. 
Police told prosecutors the doctor admitted he often locked the victim in his room with him and that they slept in the same bed. The girl's underwear were found in his dresser, according to the arrest report.
The jury recommended he serve 14 years in prison.

Tulsa Doctor Convicted Of Raping Girl Nov 04, 2016 

Canandaigua, N.Y. (WHAM) - A Canandaigua man was charged with first-degree rape after drugging a 15-year-old girl and raping her back in August.
"It was to the point where she could not articulate, move her body, or respond in any way," said Detective Sergeant Scott Kadien of the City of Canandaigua Police Department. "It's then alleged that this male had sex with her in that condition."
Canandaigua Police said they arrested Robert Ryan III, 22, around 6:45 p.m. Thursday.
Ryan is accused of giving a 15-year-old girl cocaine, then having sex with her while she was physically helpless and unable to give consent.
"I was just like, are you kidding me?" said neighbor John Pietropaolo. "I can’t imagine something like that happened."
This allegedly happened at Ryan's house on North Pearl Street. It sits directly next to an elementary school and the Canandaigua City School District Administration building.
Additional charges could be filed due to the possibility of other victims, according to investigators. Detectives say they are in the process of filing an additional count of rape after another alleged victim came forward late this week.
"We’ll definitely charge him for a statutory sex offense at this point," said Sergeant Kadien. "We’re still investigating if drugs or alcohol played a part in that."
Anyone who may have information about Ryan should contact the Canandaigua Police Department at (585) 394-3311.
Ryan was arraigned in City Court and remanded to the Ontario County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash $100,000 bond.

A New Guinea man accused in September of raping a preteen girl in his care at his home in the Lower 9th Ward was indicted Thursday (Nov. 3) on charges that could bring a life sentence.
Tyrone Henry, 39, was charged with two counts of first-degree rape and one of attempted first-degree rape in the indictment handed up by an Orleans Parish grand jury. The sex crimes are alleged to have been committed against the same victim, whom New Orleans police said was 12 and 13 when the offenses occurred.
Criminal District Judge Ben Willard increased Henry's bond amount from $350,000 to $3 million after the indictment was read.
According to documents from Henry's Sept. 15 arrest, the teen accuser said she last had sex with Henry about two weeks earlier, and estimated the sexual abuse had been ongoing for "about a year," starting when she was 12. The indictment alleges the first rape occurred between Feb. 1 and July 5, the second between July 6 and Sept. 15, and the attempted rape between Sept. 1-15.
The accuser said Henry would sexually assault her "in the middle of the night when everyone was sleeping," according to the arrest warrant affidavit sworn by NOPD child abuse detective Nijel Baddoo.
Court documents do not specify Henry's relationship to the accuser, but say he had "care, custody and control of the child when he sexually assaulted her." Arrest papers also said Henry admitted to detectives that "he engaged in sexual intercourse with the child but did not rape her." However, state law places the legal age of consent at 17 in a case involving an adult.
Henry, whose address is listed in the 1200 block of Alabo Street, has a prior federal conviction for cocaine distribution, prosecutors said. 
A Fife child rapist who walked into a police station and confessed to abusing girls has been jailed for 10 years.
Andrew Steele, 49, from Dunfermline, told officers he raped one girl and assaulted another between 1996 and 2005.
A report prepared on Steele assessed him as posing a high risk of re-offending if he had access to children.
Lord Bannatyne told Steele at the High Court in Edinburgh: "You are clearly a material risk to children."
Defence solicitor advocate Krista Johnston said: "It is somewhat unusual in that he attended the police station after discharge from hospital.
"He went straight down to the police station and spontaneously admitted it to the police at a time when police did not have a report from the victims."
The judge told Steele the sex crimes he had pled guilty to were "utterly deplorable offences" involving the abuse of young children over a significant period of time.
Lord Bannatyne said all the offences were serious but the one involving the repeated rape of a girl was "extremely grave".
The judge said the offending had had a significant effect on the victims and added: "I think it is proper to say your actions towards them have had life-changing effects."

Alcohol withdrawal

Lord Bannatyne ordered he be placed under supervision for a further five years and warned that if he failed to comply with licence conditions during that period he could be returned to jail.
He also told Steele he would be on the sex offenders' register for life.
Steele admitted abusing one girl from the age of seven at addresses in Kirkcaldy and later raping her as a teenager at a house in the Fife town and in a tent. He also admitted molesting a second girl from the age of eight in Kirkcaldy. His offending began in 1996 and continued up until 2005.
Advocate depute Mark McGuire told the court both victims had previously made disclosures and police were contacted but the allegations were retracted.
The prosecutor said immediately before Steele had turned up at the police station to make his original confession, he had been at hospital claiming he was hallucinating.
He said Steele was seen by doctors who concluded that he was suffering from alcohol withdrawal and considered him fit to be discharged.
Steele told officers his mother was "up in the sky" urging him to confess to the sex crimes when he made his revelations.
Ms Johnston said following the confession Steele had reverted to being in denial. She said he now felt "disgusted and ashamed" over the offending.
She said: "As a consequence of his acceptance of his responsibility he has given some closure to the victims."

A jury at the Central Criminal Court has found a man guilty of raping his teenage daughter 61 times.

During a week-long trial, the victim testified that the 41-year-old man first raped her when she was 16 after tying her arms behind her back and putting a pillow over her face.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had pleaded not guilty to 84 counts of rape at locations in Co Cork between March 3, 2008 and November 1, 2009.
Yesterday, the jury returned unanimous guilty verdicts to 61 counts of rape. They were previously directed by Mr Justice Paul Butler to find him not guilty of the remaining counts.

The trial heard the victim was the eldest child of a large family that moved around frequently, but was living in the South in 2008 and 2009.
The victim told Timothy O’Leary, prosecuting, that her father raped her on a weekly basis from the time she turned 16, when her mother was out shopping and she was minding her younger siblings.
The woman broke down several times as she told the court that on the first occasion, her father ordered her into her parents’ bedroom, tied her hands behind her back, put a pillow over her face, and raped her.
“He said, ‘I’ve missed this. I won’t go without it anymore’,” she said. She said afterwards, her father acted like nothing had happened.
He just acted like a normal loving father, when he was far from that,” she said.
The woman said she wasn’t allowed go to school. “I had to stay at home, clean, cook, look after the kids, behave like a housewife.”
She said when she asked her father why he was raping her, he said it was because she was “special”.
She said he threatened her not to tell anyone about the abuse, telling her he would kill her and kill himself.
“He used to threaten that I would never see my brothers and sisters if I told anybody and that’s what happened. To this day, I don’t see them.”
The woman said her father continued to rape her months after she met her current partner and would tell her it wasn’t cheating because he was her father.
The woman said the rapes only stopped when she started refusing him. “I used to run out of the house. I used to lock myself in my room,” she said.
Thomas Creed, defending, put it to the victim that she made up the allegations against her father because they were “dead set” against her boyfriend and she wanted to stay with him.
She denied this and told the court: “I know [my father] is trying to pin this on him, but he didn’t put me up to any of this.”
While the woman was in the stand, both her father and mother loudly refuted her allegations, moving the judge to warn against future outbursts. At one point, the woman’s mother called out, “that’s a load of shit” from the public gallery.

Man raped teenage daughter 61 times November 05, 2016 Isabel Hayes 

Ti piace?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...