A 15-year-old boy is accused of kidnapping and raping at least two women at gunpoint in Florida last year.
Kamai Clerveaux was charged as an adult in Miami-Dade County court after being arrested on January 1 when police connected him to the most recent attack with DNA evidence, NBC Miami reported.
Authorities say Clerveaux, who was 14-years-old at the time of both incidents, was armed with a gun when he approached a 24-year-old woman while she exited her car in her driveway on December 28.
He threatened the victim with the gun before forcing her to get back inside the vehicle.
Clerveaux then drove the car to an unknown location where he asked the victim if she 'wanted to live or die' before attacking her at gunpoint, according to the police report.
The teen fled the scene after the attack where he also stole the victim's cellphone, police say.
Clerveaux is also accused in a second rape that happened on May 28, where the victim was targeted as she got into her car to leave for work.
Police say he also threatened her with a gun and told her 'I should kill you, I should kidnap you'.
Clerveaux then drove the victim to an abandoned residence where he raped her at gunpoint.
Authorities say the 15-year-old stole the victim's driver's license and cellphone before fleeing the scene on foot.
Clerveaux is charged with two counts of armed sexual battery, armed carjacking, armed burglary, felony possession of a weapon and kidnapping.
The teen appeared in court on Tuesday for a bond hearing where he was denied bail by a judge.
He is scheduled to appear in court again on Wednesday.
Boy, 15, who 'kidnapped and raped two women at gunpoint' asked victims if they 'wanted to live or die' before attacks Regina F. Graham Dailymail.com 25 January 2017
A 21-year-old man has been arrested and charged with rape after a Belmont student reported she was sexually assaulted at his home, Metro police said.
A Knoxville man was arrested Friday and charged with rape and aggravated sexual battery of a 9-year-old girl.
Deadrick T. North, 20, was arrested by the Smoky Mountains Fugitive Task Force and is being held in the Roger D. Wilson Detention Facility, according to Knoxville Police Department spokesman Darrell DeBusk.
North was charged with one count of rape and two counts of aggravated sexual battery.
KPD Special Crimes Investigator Phyllis Tonkin led the investigation that began last October.
WARREN, Ohio -
A Niles man convicted of raping a five-year-old girl will be eligible for parole after serving 25 years of a life prison term.
Judge Andrew Logan on Tuesday handed down the sentence to 22-year-old Gilbert Skeins, Jr., who was convicted earlier on charges of rape and gross sexual imposition.
Skeins was arrested in April after a nearly two month investigation by the Niles Police Detective Bureau, the Trumbull County Prosecutor's Office, and Trumbull Children Services.
Investigators say the victim was raped by Skeins while under his care in February.
Carlos I. Reyes, who was a Belmont student, is free on $15,000 bond after police arrested him in connection to the Jan. 1 incident, jail records show.
According to an arrest affidavit, detectives responded to Nashville General Hospital for a report of a rape.
At the hospital, a woman told officers she was at a friend's house in the 1600 block of Primrose Avenue, less than half a mile from campus, and got into an argument with the suspect.
The woman told police she went to sleep in the suspect's bed alone and, at some point during the night, she awoke to the suspect having sex with her, according to the affidavit.
The woman told police she did not remember how long the reported rape took place, according to the affidavit.
The affidavit goes onto state the woman agreed to a recorded phone call with the suspect and that on the call, he admitted that he did not have permission to have sex with her and "my drunk ass got the best of me."
The suspect told the woman he "feels terrible about it and that he doesn't have an explanation," according to the document.
Before his arrest, the suspect told police he "knows about the situation but would rather talk to an attorney," the affidavit continues.
Reyes is slated to appear in court in April for trial, online records show.
“As a practice, we do not comment on the university’s internal judicial processes, but I can confirm that Carlos Reyes is not currently enrolled as a student at Belmont," Associate Provost and Dean of Students Dr. Jeffery Burgin said Monday. "I cannot emphasize enough that Belmont continues its deep commitment to student safety and success. Any violations of the University’s Community Commitments — especially as it relates to potential sexual assaults — are thoroughly investigated and quickly addressed.”
Man accused of raping Belmont student Natalie Neysa Alund , USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee Published 11:23 a.m. CT Jan. 30, 2017
Three teenage asylum seekers have received jail sentences in a high profile rape trial in Vienna. Two 18-year-olds were sentenced to six years in prison and a 16-year-old to five years.
The trio - who are all from Afghanistan - raped a 21-year-old student in a public toilet in Vienna’s Praterstern station last year.
The maximum sentence the judge could have given the teenagers, who were all under-18 at the time of the attack, was seven and a half years.
The Turkish student had been out with a friend when she stopped at the station to use the public toilet but was followed into the cubicle by the three teenagers. The youngest boy held her down whilst the two older boys raped her.
State prosecutor Katharina Stauber said that the crime was premeditated, with the trio waiting at the station for a victim, and that they had behaved in a particularly brutal manner towards her and should be punished accordingly.
The young woman has since returned to Turkey and still suffers psychological trauma. Stauber said that she can’t even talk about what happened to her as it is considered ‘shameful’ in her home country.
Brother accused of raping sister 2017-01-30 MONIQUE DUVAL