Former Creighton point guard Maurice Jr. appeared in a Nebraska court Monday, where details emerged of the Feb. 4 alleged sexual assault incident involving a 19-year-old woman.
Watson, whose bond was set at $750,000 a day after he turned himself into authorities on a first-degree sexual assault charge, coaxed the woman into a bathroom, blocked the door and forced her to perform oral sex on him before turning her around and raping her, the Omaha World-Herald reported based on the prosecutor’s account.
Watson’s defense attorneys denied the allegations Monday.
A deputy Douglas County attorney detailed the victim’s account. The assault occurred around 3 a.m. at an off-campus apartment in Omaha, where Watson first targeted a woman sitting next to him on the couch, putting his hand on her crotch and asking if she wanted to touch his penis. When she refused and walked away, Watson, 23, moved on to the 19-year-old woman, the prosecutor said.
After leading her into the bathroom, Watson pushed her up against the sink, pulled down his pants and coerced her into giving him oral sex. He then turned her around, held her up against a wall and raped her, causing the woman to bleed heavily on her legs and the floor of the bathroom, the prosecutor said.
The woman later visited the Nebraska Medical Center, where doctors discovered a cut to her vagina indicating non-consensual sex and a “massive amount” of blood, according to the account.
Watson and the 19-year-old woman had known each other for weeks before the incident, but were not dating, the prosecutor said, disputing claims by Watson’s attorneys that the two had consensual sex at an earlier date.
Watson must post $75,000 to be released from jail after his attorneys’ request that he be allowed to return to his hometown of Philadelphia for recovery purposes was denied.
Creighton suspended Watson from all athletic-related activities on Feb. 13 and has banned him from campus. The senior guard was averaging 12.9 points and 8.5 assists per game for the 22-7 Bluejays before suffering a season-ending knee injury last month. He had surgery on Feb. 6, two days after the alleged rape.
Man gets 16 years for rape, burglary Judge calls him ‘master manipulator’ Jennifer Feehan | BLADE STAFF WRITER Feb. 28, 2017
A 23-year-old man has been charged with beating and sexually assaulting a borough woman at gunpoint earlier this month.
Brandon Cox, 23, of the Somerset section of Franklin Township, has been charged with kidnapping, attempted murder, aggravated sexual assault; armed robbery; endangering the welfare of a child; and related charges in the attack of the woman on Harper Avenue in Highland Park, according to a statement from the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office.
Cox was arrested last week on an unrelated matter and later charged in the attack, according to officials.
At around 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 19, Cox approached the 36-year-old woman, who was walking with her child, with a weapon and then "forced her into the basement of a nearby apartment building, sexually assaulted her and repeatedly punched her before fleeing," the statement said.
Authorities responded to the scene after a resident of Harper Avenue called police "after the victim ran to the neighbor's home following the attack," according to the statement.
The woman was taken to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, where she had been listed in stable condition, according to officials.
The investigation remains ongoing. Anyone with information can contact the Highland Park Police Department at 723-572-3800, or the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office at 732-745-4401.
Man charged in rape, assault of woman walking with child in Highland Park Spencer Kent NJ.com February 27, 2017
NEW HAVEN — A Waterbury man was sentenced to 65 years in prison after he was found guilty of climbing through an open window and raping a 10-year-old Meriden girl sleeping her bed.
Desmond James, aka Jose Gonzalez, of Waterbury, was charged in 2014 with home invasion, three counts of first-degree sexual assault and illegal sexual contact. He has been held in lieu of $1 million bond. In December, a jury found James guilty on all counts. He was sentenced to 65 years in prison on Friday in New Haven Superior Court.
About 3:30 a.m. on Oct. 15, 2014, James entered a home in the Center Street area through a window and sexually assaulted the girl in her bed, police said. Police identified James as a suspect based on DNA evidence and statements from the victim. He apparently did not know the girl or anyone else in the home.
Assistant State’s Attorney Stacey Miranda and Deputy Assistant State’s Attorney Kelly Davis prosecuted the case. Public defender Thomas Ullman represented James.
James also faces charges of first-degree sexual assault and third-degree assault in a March 2012 incident. After James’ 2014 arrest was made public, a woman told police she recognized his photo and that “he was the individual who raped her when she was 19,” according to a statement released by Meriden police. That claim led police to reopen an investigation. A DNA sample from James matched a sample taken during an examination of the woman in the 2012 incident, according to police.
During the early morning hours of March 21, 2012, the woman was walking on East Main Street when a man began walking with her. After walking to the area of Foster, Lincoln and Colony streets, the man reportedly “forced her into a backyard and sexually assaulted her,” police said. The woman escaped and waved down a motorist on Colony Street.
Waterbury man sentenced to 65 years in prison for rape of Meriden 10-year-old February 28, 2017 Lauren Sievert
Four Monroe County men, including two IU students, have been arrested on charges of child molestation after a 13-year-old girl reported the men, independently of each other, engaged in sexual acts with her in their homes or in a car parked in a parking lot of a local elementary school.
The victim told deputies she met them through a social media app, “Whisper.” Each of the sexual encounters occurred during fall 2016, and all four men were arrested on charges of child molestation, according to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. Two of the men, Matthew J. Filipek, 23, and George W. R. Pearcy, 21, are IU students.
At the time of publishing, Filipek and Pearcy did not respond to Indiana Daily Student request for comment.
By using a social media app to meet older men, the victim could have been vulnerable to “any number of horrors,” Monroe County Sheriff Brad Swain said.
“With this type of act she could have disappeared forever without a trace,” Swain said. “The potential for tragedy — you just don’t even want to think about it.”
The MCSO investigation began last month after the victim’s school staff learned the victim may have been in a sexual relationship with an adult man, according to a press release.
The victim said she had a sexual encounter with a 25-year-old man, and this man knew her age. She later told MCSO investigators she met three other adult men at their Bloomington homes.
The victim’s report included a “tremendous amount of detail,” according to the release. Detectives used digital evidence, including text messages, to corroborate her statement, according to the release. The detectives identified the four men, found probable cause and issued warrants to the men individually.
One man may have met the victim multiple times. Current evidence indicates that all four men knew the victim was underage, Swain said.
During the course of the last few weeks MCSO deputies arrested all four suspects on charges of child molestation. They are all from Bloomington.
Evan Miller, 25, was the first of the four men arrested. Deputies arrested Miller on Feb. 2. According to MyCase, an online database of Indiana civil and criminal cases, Miller has a history of criminal charges, including a battery causing bodily injury in 2015, failure to use a seatbelt and having an open container while driving in 2015, driving while suspended in 2013, and two charges of underage consumption of alcohol in 2010, in Monroe County. Miller was booked into the Monroe County Detention Center with a bond of $1,000.
Pearcy, 21, was arrested Monday. According to the IU Address Book Pearcy is a student and employee of Residential Programs and Services. According to Pearcy’s LinkedIn account he is a political science major and a former student mentor. According to Pearcy’s Facebook account he is the associate editor of the IU Journal of Undergraduate Research. Pearcy appears to have no prior criminal record.
Filipek, 23, was arrested Tuesday. According to the IU Address Book, Filipek is an IU student and a temporary employee in the biology department. According to his LinkedIn account, Filipek is a master’s student in biotechnology. Filipek appears to have no prior criminal record.
Thomas A. Snape, 23, was arrested Wednesday and was additionally charged with possession of a controlled substance. According to IU Address Book, Snape is not a student. However, his LinkedIn account states he graduated from the IU Kelley School of Business in 2015 with a degree in accounting. He was wearing a Kelley School of Business T-shirt in his mug shot. Snape appears to have no prior criminal record.
Pearcy and Filipek were booked into the Monroe County Detention Center with a bond of $500. As of Wednesday evening, the MCSO had not published Snape’s jail booking record.
The MCSO described Whisper in its press release as “an anonymous social networking application” where users can chat with each other anonymously. When a user posts a public whisper if someone responds, it will show the approximate distance between the user who posted the Whisper and the user replying, according to the MCSO release. Whisper does not require the user to register and users generally do not provide identifying information to the app.
Whisper stores content posted for public viewing, however once users start to chat with each other, that data is not public content, and Whisper does not keep a record of those conversations, according to the release. Additionally, Whisper is also not able to match posted content with an exact IP address, which makes it “almost impossible for law enforcement to obtain information” from the app, according to the release.
Parents should be mindful that Whisper offers users anonymity, and apps such as Whisper can “facilitate a child’s reckless decisions,” Swain said. Had the 13-year-old not discussed her use of the app at school, and had the school not called law enforcement, it’s very possible the victim’s parents would never have learned about her use of the app, Swain said.
Swain urged parents to not be “buddy-buddy” when it comes to monitoring their children’s online activity.
“There’s no sense of fair play when it comes to protecting a child who’s going to do conscious, shocking activity,” Swain said. “For Heaven’s sakes, nobody wants to have that kind of thing in their household. You don’t want to be in a position as parents where you wish you’d been a little more nosy.”
Porn Addicted Rapists 33 23 febbraio 2017
CHILD PORN ADDICTION 3 17 febbraio 2017